Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Instant Karma : Feel Good factors...

16th of February, 2008

            It was a sunny Saturday morning, so cheerful as to coax even the laziest among people to wake up early, go for a walk and indulge in a workout. Even I couldn't act otherwise. At noon, I decided to go to the college Society to buy record books as we had to submit records on Monday...

            As I paid for the record books and left that place, the young, silent fellow with a lost expression who manages the place suddenly jumped to life! He said, "ಫ್ರೆಂಡ್.. ಸಕ್ಕತಾಗ್ ಕಾಣ್ತಾ ಇದ್ದೀರಾ ! ನಿಮ್ ಸ್ಟೈಲ್ ಗೆ ನಿಮ್ ಗೆಟ್ ಅಪ್ಉ ಪರ್ಫೆಕ್ಟ್ ಆಗಿದೆ... ಡೈಲಿ ಹಿಂಗೆ ಬನ್ನಿ ಕಾಲೇಜ್ ಗೆ.. " ("Friend, You are lookin' awesome! Your get up complements your style so well.. Come to college like this everyday!") 

            I was wearing heavy cargo pants with a body hugging white sleeveless, with my biceps, triceps in good shape. I was instantly happy. There was someone out there who openly and honestly complemented me for whatever I am and there are others who just can't wait to tear me down and claw at me. For the same reasons... :-)

           On some other day in the 5th semester, on the day before AMP 3rd internals, when the Prof. said that the portions for the test were the whole of bus interface part, I asked a fellow who went to coaching classes as to how the chapter was. He was regarded by guys as a topper or something to that effect. He asked if i go to XYZ coaching class. I replied in negative. He said its so tough that,"Scene-e-illa" (impossible) to read it in one day, and scoffed at me.

          Without realising it, I took that up as a challenge and studied hard. On the next day, I performed better than most people. Even Paddy, another topper, copied from me! No one among the guys knew all the topics that would be tested. I maxed it. I also got a 25/25 in every test I took.



          Now I know that the best thing that gives you a high in life is the well deserved praise for your accomplishments. It catalyzes your efforts like nothing else. Its the ultimate ecstacy, far more potent than Cocaine.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

that is very true.........i guess the best gift u can give anyone is to just appreciate what they are doing, no matter however small it is...coz only the person whose doing that job knows what efforts go in..........

Unknown said...

hi anish...
the one i found that u r a gd influencing writer...
and u praised bengalis..like nethng..no non bengali ever done this..
behalf of bengalis..i thank you..
really u r treasure treasure box.....which has many things..bt one need to open......carry on buddy....
may god bless you,,
byee.